The Tracing Summit 2014 will be held in Düsseldorf, Germany, on October 13, 2014, at the Congress Centre Düsseldorf, colocated with LinuxCon Europe 2014.
This event focuses on the tracing area, gathering people involved in development and end-users of tracing tools as well as trace analysis tools. The main target of this Tracing Summit is to provide room for discussion between people in the various areas that benefit from tracing, namely parallel, distributed and/or real-time systems, as well as kernel development.
We are welcoming presentations from both end users and developers, on topics covering, but not limited to:
- Trace collection and extraction,
- Trace filtering,
- Trace aggregation,
- Trace formats,
- Tracing multi-core systems,
- Trace abstraction,
- Trace modeling,
- Automated trace analysis (e.g. dependency analysis),
- Tracing large clusters and distributed systems,
- Hardware-level tracing (e.g. DSP, GPU, bare-metal),
- Trace visualisation,
- Interaction between debugging and tracing,
- Tracing remote control,
- Analysis of large trace datasets,
- Cloud trace collection and analysis,
- Integration between trace tools,
- Live tracing & monitoring.
Those can cover recently available technologies, ongoing work, and yet non-existing technologies (which are compellingly interesting to end-users).
There is a single track, containing presentations between 30 and 45 minutes per subject with discussion.
Thanks to our speakers and attendees for having made this event a success! The slides are now available (see slides links in the schedule below). We have also filmed the Tracing Summit this year, and will post the entire content of the conference on Youtube soon. Stay tuned!
The playlist of all the talks this year is now available. Otherwise, you can click on individual links in the updated schedule below.
Registration to LinuxCon Europe 2014 or CloudOpen Europe 2014 is required in order to register to the Tracing Summit 2014. All registration passes, including the new Attendee Networking Pass registration, will allow you to register for the Tracing Summit. The Tracing Summit registration access code will be provided on your LinuxCon/CloudOpen registration confirmation page. The Tracing Summit 2014 has no entrance fees for LinuxCon/CouldOpen attendees.
We recommend you register to the event before August 1st, 2014 to benefit from early registration fees.
Note: Registration to the Tracing Summit has been re-opened after it has been moved to a larger room, which can accommodate a larger audience. Is has also been made available to people attending Linux Plumbers Conference (for an extra 100$).
The call for paper is now closed.
The schedule of the 2014 Tracing Summit is as follows (subject to updates). The event is in Room 2 of the Düsseldorf Congress Centre.
- 9:00 – 9:05 Opening
- 9:05 – 9:35 Using tracing at Facebook scale, Yannick Brosseau (Facebook) (slides) (video)
- 9:40 – 10:10 Perf & CTF, Jiri Olsa (Red Hat) (slides) (video)
- 10:15 – 10:45 User case study: Tracing in the QEMU emulator, Stefan Hajnoczi (Red Hat) (slides) (video)
- 10:45 – 11:15 Break
- 11:15 – 11:45 From Network to Application: Understanding Your Distributed System with Trace Compass, Geneviève Bastien (École Polytechnique de Montréal), Bernd Hufmann (Ericsson) (slides) (video)
- 11:50 – 12:10 Discover what your app is waiting with kernel tracing, Francis Giraldeau (École Polytechnique de Montréal) (slides) (video)
- 12:15 – 12:30 Porting LTTng to Android for kernel-space and native user-space tracing, Charles Briere (Samsung) (slides) (video)
- 12:35 – 13:20 From DTrace to Linux, Brendan Gregg (Netflix) (slides) (video)
- 13:20 – 14:30 Lunch
- 14:30 – 15:00 Runtime Analysis of Parallel Applications for Industrial Software Development, Daniel Becker (Siemens), Markus Geimer (Jülich Supercomputing Centre) (slides) (video)
- 15:05 – 15:35 First Failure Data Capture for Linux, Michael Holzheu (IBM) (slides) (video)
- 15:40 – 16:10 Hardware trace - the ultimate Linux performance tuning tool, Mathieu Poirier (Linaro), Al Grant (ARM) (slides) (video)
- 16:15 – 16:45 Packet Trace Modelling and Visualization, Petru Lauric (Freescale) (slides) (video)
- 16:50 – 17:20 Plenary on hardware tracing Linux integration (video)
- 17:20 End
Please send any query about this conference to email@example.com.
The organizers responsible for this event are Dominique Toupin and Mathieu Desnoyers.